We are always looking for quality members of staff to compliment our current team.
We are hiring additional smart, creative, dynamic LEGO® Engineering Instructors and aspiring teachers to deliver our great programs throughout the schools in Sydney West, Inner West and Northern area. This part-time position includes teaching daily after-school programs and weekend birthday parties throughout the school year, and full day camp programs during term holidays.
What you can expect:
• Working with schools.
• Communicating with school principals, teachers, and parents.
• Leading excited kids through challenging projects & managing classroom conflicts.
• Flexible schedule: availability during weekday afternoons a must during school year.
• Experience and passion for teaching 1-6 students in a classroom or summer camp setting.
• STEM related coursework, interest and/or experience a plus but not required. All training material provided.
• Must have a reliable vehicle to transport teaching materials and commute to teaching sites, usually schools.
• Pre-employment background check (WWC) is required.
• This is a part-time hourly position, 4 – 10 hours/week (more during term holidays).
The successful Young Engineer Instructor has…
• Passion for teaching kids and ability to quickly develop good rapport with children while maintaining discipline, and directing the design and building experience.
• Comfort with “controlled chaos.”
• Understanding of basic scientific and engineering principles; love of problem solving – makers and tinkerers encouraged to apply!
• An inquisitive, fun-loving personality. We like people who are curious about how things work and are willing to “nerd out” with kids.
WHO WE ARE:
• At Young Engineers, kids dive into our classes and exercise their innate gift for building. They come away understanding fundamental principles of STEM. This experience boosts their confidence, creativity and ability to collaborate.
• We provide project-based programs designed to teach principles and methods of engineering to children, ages 6 – 12, using LEGO®. Our curriculum is designed by engineers, building on the math and science skills. Students learn during the school year. We engage our students in solving real-world engineering challenges that explore concepts in physics, science, engineering and mathematics. Our goal is to have our students foster a greater appreciation of how things work, and encourage the qualities of inquisitiveness, self-reliance, and self-confidence in children.
Residency Requirements – Australian Citizens only